Friday 15 April 2016

Secondhand Book Shop Finds.....



I have just returned from a morning out in the small village/town of Pershore, Worcs.  I picked up these two books from SEDGEBERROW BOOKS the second-hand book shop on the High Street. Just £10.00 each and I could have spent much more.

I have written about this book shop in previous posts, but feel I should point out to anyone interested in aviation, railways, naval or military history that this really is an Aladdin's Cave of fine, rare and secondhand books.  If you are in the area, please treat yourself to a visit.


I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the day. Settling down for a great read.

Tony

Updated 22.04.16
I have now had chance to read both of these books and can confirm that they are a couple of beauties. Book One - Construction is one of the best and most in-depth books on constructing AFV models I have even come across - it really is that good. I would suggest that for the serious tank modeller this is the Holy Grail.  Book Two - Painting is also a very good book, but as a novice (read hardly ever) airbrush user the Colour Modulation techniques are very daunting. Never-the-less the weathering and detail painting techniques are well worth checking out.

10 out of 10. 

Tony

No comments: