Friday 22 April 2016

Ma.K Hover Tank - part 21



The painting continues.....

I have sponged on a second highlight of Linen and Leather Brown and Forest Green for the turret. The highlight has the effect of 'popping' the modelled-on detail but is a little too light for my taste.


I have therefore 'washed' the whole model with a variety of different washes. I like to apply these washes on a wet model - I first paint the model with Wet Water (water to which I have added a tiny drop of washing up liquid) and then add diluted washed in layers. When these washes are fully dry, I have sponged on some chipped paint effect. I have used Panzer Grey as the first chipping and then a lighter grey applied with a fine pointed brush to the centre of the larger effects.


The detail painting - the grills, the exhaust and the tools has been done with a fine brush.


The next step is applying the decals.

Tony

3 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

I admire your industry!

Am I allowed to say that I'm really not sure about the different coloured hull and turret???

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

PS. ...but I defend to the hilt your right to do it! :o))

Tony said...

Thank you Steve - We will see.

Tony