Wednesday 9 March 2016

Ma.K Hover Tank - part four



This post shows the first of the hull detailing, starting with the rear engine deck, I have built four engine entry doors from plastic card and detailed the hinges and handles with more plastic card. The inspiration came from various WW2 German tanks, but rather than copying any one - I have mixed-and-matched different designs.

The engine vents were built from two layers of thin plastic card with green mesh sandwiched in between. The rivet detailing is sliced plastic rod.


Now to the front. The main air intake has been cut from the rear of the booster rocket from a Space Shuttle model. I have once again used the green mesh - which I think was used to protect soft fruit during transportation to supermarkets.

I have modelled the two crew entry hatches on the Panther tank. They were cut from plastic card and detailed with more plastic card scraps.


In this image - you can see the top-down view.

Tony

2 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Are you putting a turret on it ? I was pondering and looking at it and imagined some sort of missile array.

Tony said...

"Are you putting a turret on it ? I was pondering and looking at it and imagined some sort of missile array."

There will be a turret - just wait and see.

Tony