Sunday 1 November 2015

Frostgrave Terrain - part six



Another month and another piece of scratch-built terrain. In fact another piece of Frostgrave scatter terrain.

This time a small statue on a stone plinth.

Image Two - The base figure is a Monster-in-my-Pocket lion with wings mounted onto some plastic card rectangles and a block of Blue Foam.


Image Three - The base is my usual 3mm plastic card with the groundwork built up from DAS modelling clay and further textured with sieved stones and sand.

In this image, I have coated the whole model with dilute uPVA glue. I find that this gives the slightly soft plastic of the M-i-m-P toy figures a much better undercoat.


Image Four - The basecoat was mixed from black, white, brown and blue and painted on to the model with a large, soft brush.


Image Five - The first drybrush.


Image Six - After the model was 'washed', I painted the base or groundwork in my usual Snakebite and white mix.


Image Seven - And the latest piece of Frostgrave terrain is finished and ready for the table. Once the model was varnished, I added railway scatter and ground foam.

This model is quite small - just 95mm long x 70mm wide and 70mm tall, to the top of the wing.


 I will try to post images of these pieces with added snow at some stage in the future.

Tony

5 comments:

Phil said...

Looks great!

Solo wargaming-on a budget! said...

What a great idea! Very effective work, thanks for sharing this one!

John Lambshead said...

Nice looking tomb, if that's not an oxymoron.

David Drage said...

That works really well!

Well done.

Tony said...

Thank you for the comments - I will be trying to add snow effect later.

Tony