Tuesday 3 March 2015

The Hartlepool Monkey by Sean Longley



I picked up this hard-back book while visiting Coventry earlier this month. Actually Sue saw it in a charity book store and pointed it out to me. I have in the past written a Foul Mouth Freddy short story based on the same tale - for details see this link.

While an internet search brought up this delightful graphic novel.


Details of the original tale can be read on this Historic UK site, here while this postcard (found by doing a Google Search) gives another image.


The book only cost me £2.50 and given that I'm sure it had never been read, this is a bargain book I look forward to reading and reviewing at a later date.

Monkey Hangers! Fact is sometimes weirder than fiction.

A review of the story can be found here.

The Hartlepool Monkey by Sean Longley
Published by Doubleday in 2008
ISBN 9780385612531
List Price - £14.99

Tony

1 comment:

Independentwargamesgroup said...

I think to appreciate the story you need to travel to Hartlepool. I unfortunately work there fairly regularly and it is an education to say the least, its still agreat tale though.
Thanks Robbie.