Thursday 19 February 2015

Build Something 2015 - part nineteen



The Horseshoe Barn is now nearing completion and according to the rules of the Build Something Contest of LAF - I will soon have to stop the daily updates. It is a Build Something contest, not a Paint Something contest.

Today's update shows how I have added sieved stones and fine sand to the base. This was added over uPVA glue, I then add some 'wet water' (water with either a flow improver or a drop of washing up liquid added) to the base.


The forge bellows are still not permanently attached as I think having them removable will make the model easier to paint.


I think this maybe the last update for some time. Then again, I might just add one image of the undercoated model. Wait until tomorrow to see what I decide.

I hope that you have enjoyed the thread and I have passed on some useful hints and tips. This link will take you to the competition rules and show you the other contestants entries.

Tony

3 comments:

Richard said...

Loved watching this come together. Really looking forward to seeing the finished build. Inspirational :-)

Joakim Ström said...

A great little series
By the way I really enjoy More Wargame Terrain. A great buy

Heisler said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this one coming together Tony. Great work!