Wednesday 15 January 2014

On-Line Build for January - part two

Part two and very little to add. I undercoated the miniature with 'spray-can' Black and touched up any bits I had missed with Chaos Black from Games Workshop. While transporting the basecoated miniature down to the shed-at-the-bottom-of-the-garden, I knocked off one of the horns. I have drilled two small holes - one in the Rams head and the second in the base of the antler for a short section of plastic sprue before reattaching it with superglue and accelerator.



After one false start with the painting and the bitterly cold nights, I cannot face another trip into the damp and dark, so any other updates will just have to wait until later in the week.

Anyone attempting the same model would be well advised to strengthen the Ram/Antler joint with a section of thin metal rod or (as in my case) a piece of plastic sprue, particularly if you plan on using the longer horns.

Tony

No comments: