Saturday 4 May 2013

Magazines from Japan



This week I received this brace of Japanese model making magazines from my daughter who has just returned from a short trip to Japan.

Just in case it is not obvious, both are in Japanese, however I find that I can follow the step-by-step articles without any difficulty. Of the two I think Model Art is the better, not by much, but with wider subject matter and an easier to follow format the Model Art magazine had greater appeal for me.

This is not the first time I have received such model making books and magazines from the Far East. I am always fascinated to see how the hobby is taken so seriously in this part of the world. (Although with Japanese schoolgirls climbing over a 1/48th scale Hetzer, maybe seriously is not the right word!)

Model Art - number 868 May 2013
The main feature was on reproducing baremetal finishes on different scale aircraft.

Armour Modelling - number 162 April 2013
Included a couple of interesting step-by-step articles on mainly WW2 subjects.

Tony

No comments: