Wednesday 18 February 2009

The Dwarf Sauerkraut Wars

"Think of Dwarves - think of gold. Think of Dwarves - think of beer! To any self respecting Dwarf gold and beer are a matter of life and death. But porridge that's a different matter altogether - its much more serious! And sauerkraut - well wars have been fought over lesser salads."

The Second Sauerkraut War is about to be fought on the gaming table. Broad-leaf sauerkraut against narrow-leaf sauerkraut.

For some time I have harboured the idea of developing a Flintloque based Dwarven Civil War scenario, Baron Munchausen meets Terry Pratchett with Allo, Allo accents plus typical and obvious Krautian humour. After many false starts I hope that over the next couple of months I can at least start fleshing out a background story and post photos of Dwarven regiments.

See; http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Flintloque/message/2326

The following scenario by Tony Lee and featured on the Advent Calendar 2008 - Orcs in the Webbe, gives an idea of the style of writing I am looking to for inspiration.

http://www.orcsinthewebbe.co.uk/index.php/flintloque/scenarios/271-the-league-of-extra-curricular-not-so-gentlebeings

Tony

2 comments:

BaronVonJ said...

Great idea. I'm working on my own (non dwarf) fantasy country with a civil war:
http://baronvonj.blogspot.com/search/label/Unkerlant

Tony said...

To BaronVonJ

I have just had a look at your Blog - I like the idea and might add a map function to my Sauerkraut War Blog.

Also thanks for the comments on The Lies of Locke Lamora, 'May the thirteenth look down on you.'

Tony