Wednesday 4 June 2008

Flash Gordon - Thing!

This is a D&D Miniature called the 'Caller in Darkness' 49/60 U from the Unhallowed set. It is cast in smoke coloured clear resin and was re-based on to a 40mm round base and the base textured with DAS and a little 'green stuff'. The only painting was the base and some highlighting around the faces, other than that the miniature is stock!


"Now that I have seen the miniature on the computer - I think I might paint the tongues on some of the faces."

I have no idea what to call it or how I will use it, I just thought it was a really great sculpt and after less that one hour the miniature was based, painted and varnished.

The miniature was bought at Games Expo, Birmingham for £2.00 and stands just over 70mm tall. It is a very striking addition to the Flash Gordon collection.

The D&D Miniature Game offers a great deal of ready painted miniatures that you can regularly purchase from e-bay for very little money. The range offers a whole host of models that fit in with my choosen scale of 40mm, but are just as much at home with 28mm, or even 15mm figures. Check out;

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/welcome

Go to D&D Miniatures for a gallery of all the sets.

Tony

No comments: